Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Blogging 30-Day Challenge. Want to join me?

       Today marks the day that I begin my 30-day Blog Challenge.  For the next 30 days, I will blog about beer, soap, and my other shenanigans.  Why?  Because Donna Maria, of the Business Indie Network told me too…  Well that’s not the only reason.

      The truth of the matter is, I’ve been “social media stocking” the Indie Business Network (IBN) for the past year.  I’ve been hanging out around the fringes of this group (liking their Facebook and Instagram accounts) and going to their public site for info on how to grow my small business. I’ve participated in their Instagram chats (open to the public) on Wednesdays, and I have even had my “Master Mind” peeps, tell me to join.  I’ve learned so much from IBN within the year, but it wasn’t until Tuesday Night that I received the sign…  The sign from Donna Maria… that by joining IBN, I could get even more out of the network….  And that sign looked something like this:
   
      Hell's Yaaaa!   I was finally going to be held accountable, by a group that I knew was super awesome, for what I knew needed to be done to take my business to the next level.  And I can’t say thank you enough to Donna Maria for the sign! I’ve been wanting to blog and now I have a community of people that are doing it with me!  Most importantly, I now have a community of people to figure out this whole small business thing! 
   
     Please don’t get me wrong, about this blog challenge.  I’m wondering what the heck I am going to be blog about?  I worry about what people will think. I’m a horrible speller, and my grammar is not that correct…  but what I do know is that if I plug away at it, I’ll get better.  And all of these doubts have just stopped me in the past.  The benefits of this challenge outweighs my fears.

     By updating blog posts frequently, I know my business and my writing skills will grow.  My website will go higher in the search engine. I’ll get to know my audience and they get to know me better, and posts keep giving back (traffic continues to go to each post over time!)  So I encourage you to go on the same challenge for your small business, or another 30 day challenge such as exercising, cooking, or taking a class. I thank you ahead of time for going on this journey with me, and I hope you do it as well.  I hope to inspire you to blog (or be challenged in another way) for 30 days straight, and if you do, let me know in the comment section, as I would like to follow you on your journey!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...