Saturday, March 7, 2015

Cooking with Homebrewed Beer: Spanish Rice/Jambalaya like dish!

This is a mix between Spanish Rice and Jambalaya.  I think I should can it Spanalaya!

What you need:
Olive oil
½ cup onion
1 red bell pepper
1 jalapeno pepper  (not into spicy? Try a green bell pepper)
2 chopped whole tomatoes (or1 can of crushed tomatoes)
2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of homebrew
21/2 cups of rice
½ teaspoon cumin
1-teaspoon oregano
1 bay leaf (no not crumble)
Salt
Peppers
Green peas optional
Chicken (a boob or two)
1-2  Sausage (I like chicken apple sausage)


In pan cook the chicken and sausage.  Take out of pan and lay aside once cooked.  Then add and cool onion, bell peppers, and garlic in olive oil for about three minutes.  Add the rest of the spices. (I’ve been known to add taco seasoning when I don’t have all the spices this recipe calls for… just saying!)

Add the beer and chicken broth. Bring to boil.  Add rice (I used brown rice cause that’s all I had in my cupboard) and bring to boil.   Turn down heat and cook on low for about 40 minutes.  Add cut up chicken and sausage to rice.  Garnish with Cilantro and  EAT!




If you are wondering, I did spill the beer as I was pouring it into the pan!  This is the second recipe, I’ve spilt beer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...