Saturday, January 11, 2014

Beer Mug Shaped Birthday Cake!!

What better way to celebrate a 40-year old home-brewer, than with a beer mug shaped birthday cake???  It may not be the prettiest, but it was a lot of fun to make.

Ingredients used for a "I need a quick beer mug cake NOW!!!":
3 boxes of cake mix
4 tubs of vanilla frosting
yellow food coloring
whipped cream
candles
Card stock (for handle)
toothpicks

Baking:  Divide the batter into round cake pans.  I only had two cake pans, so I made one box at a time.  Three boxes with get you 6 round cakes.  After they have cooled, stack them!!

Frosting:  Dump the pre-made frosting into a large bowl and add yellow food coloring as needed.  I recommend buying 5 tubs if you want to frost in between each layer.  I didn't because of the following variables : cranky-kids + family arriving in 45 minutes = it's good enough!  Then, smear the frosting on the side until you are happy with it.  Add the whipped cream before you serve it!

Candles:  Get the tall candles.  I got the regular candles that you find in any store and they were to short.  So, we didn't have candles, but we sure had a laugh!!

Handle:  I eye-balled the handle (it's a little out of proportion!)  I cut the letter C and taped toothpicks to the ends. You can kinda see it in the first picture. I stuck it into the cake after I add the whipped cream.

Result:  One happy 40 year old home-brewer!!










1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...