It's pumpkin season people! It's time to decorate, carve, cook, any pumpkin or gorde looking object you can get your hands on! And have you seen what people are doing with this amazing fruit? Just look at Pinterest or your Facebook feed.. Pumpkin rolls, pumpkin carving, pumpkin fairy houses... Really? Yes, pumpkin fairy houses! It seems to have turned into a competition of who can make the best pumpkin thing. So I've decided to share my "go- to" pumpkin recipe which means Martha Stewart is going to have to move over because Handbrewed Soaps has just stepped up! Really though, Martha Stewart would whoop my butt hands down!
Like many of you, I don't have time to make pumpkin ANYTHING from scratch, but I can fake some slammin' pumpkin muffins thanks to Trader Joes!! (Even though it is not technically a pumpkin, it does say 'pumpkin' on the box, so this counts during pumpkin mania!)
What you need:
1) box of Trader Joes Pumpkin Bread Mix
2) Chocolate Chips
3) Beer of your choice (see recommendations below)
Follow the directions on the box, and add as much chocolate chips as you want. As they cook decide what beer to drink as you enjoy the best damn pumpkin muffins you've ever tasted! Better yet, choose your beer before hand and sip while you bake!
1) We of course recommend drinking your own homebrew for obvious reasons.. we are homebrewers! We enjoy our pumpkin spiced ale, made especially for this season.
2) Saranac Pumpkin Ale- You initially taste a mouthful of pumpkin that is followed by cinnamon.
3) Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest-It's a light and creamy lager. A refreshing autumn beer.
So there you go.. I give you permission to create your pumpkin wonderland pre-made or pre-fab... while enjoying a tasty cold beverage!